Friday, February 12, 2010

Proud Papa

Daddy and Robert

When Brandon realized when we were due, he was excited because there was some basketball thing on tv. When we were checking into the hospital he realized there would be playoff games for football. He watched both games while I slept (after the epidural was going). After the 2nd game was over he was ready to get the show on the road. Robert wasn't quite so ready. Dad was great. Very helpful. He dutifully got ice chips, plugged/unplugged all the monitors so I could get up and walk, go pee, get in the tub (which helped me relax all my tension, but made the contractions themselves more noticable, I think mainly because I wasn't focusing on trying to relax all my tense spots). He even tried to massage me, but I found I am one of those ladies the birthing class lady talked about who just really don't want to be touched during contractions.

3 comments:

Polly Blevins said...

I'm glad you have such a supportive husband and I am glad to know him so well. He is wonderful. Will got the same kind of luck when Cole was born. There were football games all day long. That was great because like you, I slept all day and he watched football all day. Both happy parties. Your baby is so cute! I am tickled blue for the two of you.

the Carlos Family said...

Taylor was born just days before the 2000 presidental election (in fact the first time we left him was with Gma Pat so we could go vote) and Trace was happy to watch the news until the midwife said we had to turn off the TV and focus on the matter at hand. :) Yeah for our husbands and the living in the age of Tv (and epidurals).

Sarah said...

I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to be touched. Kyle got yelled at a bit during both of my labors.

So happy Robert is here!