Friday, February 12, 2010

It's a Boy!!!

Robert John Wilson

Born January 25, 2010 @ 12:03 am

Wt: 7 lbs Lgth: 21 1/2"
I guess it's fitting that I finally post these on February 12th, the date Robert was actually due. Most people know by know that our little man, Robert John Wilson, was so excited to see us he came early. He arrived at 12:03 am on Monday, January 25th, 2010. He was born at Alaska Regional Hospital and weighed in at 7 lbs even and was 21 1/2" long. He was 2 1/2, almost 3 weeks early. It was an answer to prayer, though, because I really didn't want to have a big baby. Thing is, he measured right on schedule at all the appointments. No matter. My water broke at 1 am on the 24th. My first thought was, "oh my heck, I peed the bed. I definitely didn't do enough kegels." I didn't have any contractions before my water broke, and yes, it was the gush of fluid thought you just peed your pants that only 15-20% of pregnant ladies experience. After that, contractions were about 5 minutes apart pretty steady. I tried to lay back down and go to sleep, but that didn't work. I figured no need waking Brandon up until things were more serious. I went out and wrote in my journal, finished reading a book about giving birth, kind of cleaned up. What I really wanted to do was pack my hospital bag, but all the stuff I needed was in my and Kaylynn's rooms. I had planned to pack the hospital bag on Monday. I should have done it Saturday, but I was too tired. Although I could tell each day that things were getting a bit harder to do (IE bend over, tie my shoes, not bump into things, climb the stairs) I hadn't yet gotten to the point where I just wanted it all over with at all costs. I was very surprised. At about 5 am I decided I would take a shower and then wake Brandon up. He woke up to the shower and came in. He asked what I was doing. I told him my water had broke at 1 am and the contractions were getting more intense. To make a long story longer, he called Delta Airlines to see about getting my mom's ticket changed. They were awesome. They got her up her the next day and didn't charge a change fee. We had gotten her ticket earlier that week to come out on the 12th of Feb. We were able to let Kaylynn sleep because our friends from Homer had flown in from Hawaii that night and were downstairs. When Heather came up she was so excited. She said she had thought how convenient it would be if I went into labor when they were there. They ended up staying with Kaylynn until Cindy could come over later that day. She then kind of had a rough day to two being shuffled to and from a few friends houses. She recovered and is now back into a routine. I realized later that day in the hospital that that was the first day I had ever not seen and been with her.

No comments: