Thursday, September 9, 2010

Our Dora Adventure

So, when I envisioned the Dora birthday party, I decided we would have our own Dora adventure. I should have had someone take pictures along the way, but instead we only got them at the end. Our adventure began at the big gate and the kids had to say "abrea" to 'open' the gate, because the gate speaks spanish. From there they slid down the slide into the balloon pool (I filled her kiddie pool with balloons. I thought of putting bubble bath in it, but knew that would be way too messy. The kids loved playing in all the balloons). We then had to walk along bubble path (a friend was blowing bubbles over the fence along the little path between our deck and the shed) to get to the Pinata. Brandon kept telling me, "they are only 2 dear. They won't be able to break a Pinata". Well, he was correct, but it sure was fun making it (although it looked like an Easter Egg) and the kids had fun swinging at it. Thankfully an older kid was there and she broke it. Otherwise we would have had to have the moms go at it. Oh, when we got to the pinata the kids had to look in backpack and say BACKPACK so we could look and find something that we could use to smack the pinata. We pulled out a number of things and I ask if the plastic floatie would work "NO!!" and a few other various items I had grabbed until we got to the stick and "YES!!!" it would work. One of Kaylynn's friends keeps talking to her mom about the fun Dora adventure. Kaylynn won't remember it, but it sure was fun for me. For the party favors, we sent bags full of things the kids could take home to have their own Dora adventures (playdough, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, Dora Fruit snacks and the like). It was so much fun for me. There will come a day when we'll have to do things Kaylynn wants at her parties. For now it is fun to come up with things, especially since birthdays for me aren't so exciting anymore. So many things are just so much better with little ones. I'm loving this mom business.









No comments: