Monday, June 28, 2010

Mayor's 10K

Last Saturday, June 19th, I ran the 10k in the Mayor's Marathon. My time was 1 hr 12 min, but the first 2-4 minutes you are only able to slow walk because everyone is in a huge massed huddle. My goal was to run it all, and I did. I felt really good after, too. The day after I was only a little sore in my quads. Brandon said next year we could do the half marathon together. We'll have a year to train. The most impressive thing was that the winner of the half marathon passed me at about mile 4.5 and he was booking it. He did the 13+ mi in 1 hr 7 min. The 2nd and 3rd place of the half marathon were right in front of me at the finish. They were fast passing by. I can't imagine going that whole distance at 5mph. I'm yet to get a 10 min/mi. There were people from around the world. It was a cool experience. Here's to next year.

3 comments:

Superwoman WannA-be said...

Are you freaking kidding me ??? I never knew that you were a runner. Great Job !!!

Sarah said...

I'm super impressed 'Manda. Way to go!

Wendy said...

WAY TO GO!! I'm so proud of you!!